Plugins are tools which extend the functionality of Lilina. They enable you to add and remove features to Lilina without changing the core of Lilina.
Plugins are intended to remove feature bloat - that is, becoming overloaded with features. Plugins enable specific functionality to be added, and for users to customise sites to their needs.
The installation of plugins is designed to be as simple as possible.
- Download and extract the plugin archive.
- If a README file exists, you should read it first. Some plugins require more complicated setup instructions than this. If in doubt over which instructions to follow, prefer the README's instructions.
- Upload the plugin to content/plugins
- Open your Administration Panel and go to the Settings Panel
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the Activate link next to the plugin you wish to activate.
For instructions and information on downloading, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and managing your WordPress Plugins, see Managing Plugins. If you want to develop your own plugin, there is a comprehensive list of resources in Plugin Resources.
Uninstalling plugins is essentially the installation process in reverse.
- Deactivate the plugin in the Administration Panel
- Check the README file if it exists to see if you need to take additional steps
- Remove the plugin file or directory from content/plugins